Monday, November 7, 2011

Mystic Monday's

Happy November All,
Now that the Halloween season is done we are going to dive into meditation and centering along with Chakras. These are the basics you need to know before diving into working with your Guides, Angels, Animal Totems and healings. These things also help with Spirit Communications and Hauntings.
Your first assignment is to create a space. It doesn't need to be big. I have a small area on top of a trunk in my room that is my space. On it I have a candle and stones that I may need during my healing work or mediations.
I also have a cd player for playing relaxing music. During your mediation time it's important that you are free from distractions so please turn off the phone and put the kids to bed.
Once you set up your space get ready to learn how to center your energy and ground.
Centering your Energy:
Centering is something you should do whenever you start energy work. You need to be balanced. You can also center if you feel stressed out. It's a great way to get in tune with your body and it is very simple.
1. Set up your space. Turn off lights, light a candle, play a cd, turn off the phone and TV. Make sure there are no distractions.
2. Get comfortable. Sit in a chair, or lay down, or just sit on the floor. It's all about what works for you.
3. Close your eyes and take three deep breaths in through your nose and out through your mouth.
4. Now listen and become aware to your breathing. Follow your breath in and out. Listen to the air moving, feel the rise and fall of your chest. If your mind wanders, no big deal, just come back to focus on your breath.
5. Once you are feeling calm and balanced you are ready to ground. You will know when you are centered. Your breath will be as easy and calm as it is when you are sleeping.
If you are not going to ground and you just needed to center to regroup yourself, you can open your eyes and slowly come back to being fully aware of your body and your surroundings.
 Grounding:
1. Set your space.
2. Center.
3. Grounding can be done in many ways. Here are two ways that are easy for me.
A. Tree…Imagine that you are a tree whose roots grow down into Mother Earth as far as you are tall. Reach your branches up to the sky. Now take in a beam of white light from the universe through your branches down your trunk and out your roots seeing the white light come out your roots and into Mother Earth. Mother Earth will take this energy and recycle it.
If you feel light headed after this process, bring up red light from Mother Earth through your roots up your trunk and out your branches into the universe. This will help to balance you.
 B. Imagine you are on a beach with your back up against a tree. Feel the warm sun shine down on your face as you close your eyes. Feel the trunk of the tree supporting your back as you sit and take in the energy of the sun. Hear the waves as they slap against the beach. Dig your feet into the warm sand and allow the tree to do your grounding work for you. See the white light of the universe come down the tree into your body and out your feet into the sand. Allow Mother Earth to soak up the energy to recycle it. Again if you are light headed then do the red energy exchange from the above meditation.
When doing spiritual work or self-improvement work Rule 1 is Your Intent is everything. As long as you put your intent out there, nothing can go wrong.
Before doing any work I say a prayer of intent. This prayer is to my God, Goddess, angels and guides to help me for my highest good, to keep me protected as I do my work and then I state my intent. After I am done it is always important to say thank you for the assistance.
 Next week we will talk about Charka clearing, Spirit Guides and Angels. In weeks that follow we will talk about Animal Totems. These are all your spirit helpers out there. Closer to Christmas I plan to talk about 12th Night and the thinning of the veil. Christmas can be a bigger time of year for crossed over loved ones to communicate than Halloween.
Good luck with setting up your space and practicing. This is a very small version of what I teach my students. Please feel free to contact me with questions or if you would like more information.

Blessings All,
Wendy

Wendy Jackson
Intuitive Healer/Reiki Master

No comments:

Post a Comment