Friday, March 2, 2012

A Million Wishes

Thank you Savannah for inviting me to post today about my very first book release! A Million Wishes is the first in a four book series and tells the story of an abused girl Mikayla and her childhood crush Noah. Both go through some traumatic times, and they have their ups and downs, but love prevails. I’m a romantic at heart, I love a happily ever after. J

 A Million Wishes Blurb:

 Mikayla Johnson... Growing up in a poor, abusive household after her father is killed in a car wreck; Mikayla had very few things in life that gave her joy. Her writing, the old oak tree, her big brother Callum and her childhood crush Noah. Could he help her heal from her past and give her the family she has always wanted?
Noah Cane... Noah is a Navy seal war hero coming home to the Georgia peach plantation he was raised on to recover from losing his leg in war. His heart was stolen by Mikayla the moment they met under a peach tree where she was stealing peaches off his parent's property. Can she help him heal from his injuries and give him something worth fighting for?

Join Mikayla and Noah on a whimsical journey of love, passion and the discovery of what they were truly meant to do with their lives. Sit back and enjoy their playful banter and intense loving while they show the town of Sugar Creek what it really means to have a heart of gold.


http://www.amazon.com/Million-Wishes-ebook/dp/B007D2IQUO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1330543604&sr=8-1



(Excerpt from A Million Wishes ©DeAnna Felthauser 2012)

(Set-up: The scene is that of Mikayla and Noah, in a very intense scene that gets interrupted by Mikayla’s older brother Callum calling. Talk about bad timing!)

Well, so much for that. He tugged the string that was tied in a bow at the waist of her pajama pants and just barely tickled his fingers under the band, feeling her stomach as it quivered under his soft touch. She should probably slap his hand away and stomp off or something similarly “good girl” instead of standing there secretly hoping he would touch her one more time, just once. His head dipped towards hers and the kiss he gave her curled her toes and had her tippy toeing up to kiss him harder, deeper still. Teeth scraped her lips until she was panting, whimpering his name between kisses, reveling in feeling like a woman hungered for by a man. Unfortunately that didn’t last long when the shrill of the telephone jerked them from their reverie. Pulling from him she went to her bedside table and grabbed the phone looking at the caller id and groaning before she answered.

“Mikayla, I was wondering about you since you never called again or came by this weekend. I called Vivi’s and she said you were at Momma’s, I mean your house, and that Noah was with you. Did he stay the night with you?” Callum was obviously unhappy finding out she had stayed with Noah alone, but she was grown and wasn’t in the mood for his big brother antics.

“Callum I’m a big girl and I can come and go as I please. It’s none of your business if he stayed here. I am getting ready to shower and head back to school for my finals in the morning, but I’ll be heading back here to stay on Friday or Saturday.”

“What do you mean it’s none of my business? You’re my baby sister, and I don’t care who he is but he better not be disrespecting my sister or I’ll kick his ass, SEAL or not.”

“Oh good grief Callum calm down, it’s not like we got naked and danced under the moon it’s too damn cold outside.” It was wicked of her to tease him, but he was so easily riled she couldn’t resist.

“So what, you danced naked inside, is that what you’re insinuating? I’m on my way over…” click. She looked at the phone stunned and busted out laughing.

“So, it looks like Callum is on his way over to defend my honor. You have fun with that Romeo; I’m going to take a shower.” She went in the bathroom and shut the door, giggling as she locked it.

Noah stood there for a second and started laughing too. Well if Callum threw a punch it wouldn’t be the first time in all the years they had known each other and probably wouldn’t be the last. Especially once he told him he was marrying Miki. He went to his bag and pulled on his sweatshirt from the day before, then headed to the laundry to toss his other clothes in the dryer.

By the time he heard Miki turn the shower off Callum was charging through the door in a huff.

“What the hell are you doing here with my sister all night Noah. Mikayla is my sister bro! What the hell man?”

Noah grinned “Want some coffee man?” He didn’t wait for an answer he just headed for the kitchen and poured them a cup and sat at the table so he could wrap his leg.

“Hey, I’m talking to you Noah!” Callum was fuming and his skin was red with anger.

“I hear you Callum. Calm down, drink your coffee, Miki will be out of the bathroom in just a minute and you’ll see she is just fine.”

“I just heard her on the phone, I know she sounds fine. My point is, are you sleeping with my sister?” By the time he got the word sister out he was yelling loud enough Miki heard him loud and clear.

“Callum, shut your filthy mouth! We are not sleeping together yet. I mean we slept together but we didn’t sleep together, got it? Not that it’s any of your business!”

“Besides Callum, I asked Miki to marry me and I’m hoping to have her convinced by the time she and I come back with her stuff from Atlanta that she needs to make an honest man out of me.”

“Yet? YET?! So you’re planning on sleeping with him Mikayla?

Miki’s face turned beet red and Callum looked like he was about to blow a fuse. She had seen that look on his face before and knew he was about to snap so she stepped in between him and Noah, who was acting oblivious to Callum’s temper tantrum, content on methodically wrapping his leg and attaching the prosthetic with a satisfied grin on his face.

“Callum calm down. There is nothing for you to be getting so worked up about.” She patted his arm and pulled out a chair. “Sit. Relax.”

Noah was thoroughly enjoying pressing his best friends buttons and working him up. Even though Miki was glaring at him, wanting him to stop, he was just so damn happy he wanted to make Callum miserable a little while longer.

“Come on buddy you know I’ve had it bad for her since she was in Jr. High and I was in High School. Remember I used to scare off all the boys that flirted with her because I didn’t want them flirting with my babydoll.”

Before she could stop him Callum jumped up and punched Noah in the face “You sorry son of a bitch talking about her like that! She was just a baby back then you jack ass!” Noah was laughing as he got up from his chair, grabbing a few paper towels and wiping the blood off his chin.

“You still hit like a girl Cal. I guess once we get back and settled down Uncle Noah’s gonna have to go teach your boys how to fight so they don’t hit like a girl like their Daddy does."

Callum swung again but Noah ducked and weaved, while Callum tried again to land another punch. Noah caught his fist in his and grinned “HOOYAH!” That made Callum grin and chant with him “HOOYAH!” The next thing you know they hugged and slapped each other’s back like nothing ever happened. Laughing about the punch and then talking about high school and all the fights they got into back then. It was if the subject of Miki and Noah disappeared and the same old camaraderie was back as per usual. She shook her head and went to gather her things, pulling Noah’s clothes out of the dryer and tossing them on the table in front of them.

“There’s your clothes Romeo, and if you are coming with me, you need to get ready so we can go to your house and get your things for the week, that is…if you two are done acting like idiots.”

~*~*~*~


Everyone that leaves a comment today will be entered into a drawing for one of two free e-copies of A Million Wishes! The winners will be chosen by Savannah on March 9th.

I’m also doing a big giveaway on my blog http://deannafelthauser.blogspot.com/2012/02/sexy-saturday-million-wishes-released.html. It’s easy to enter and there is a great prize package plus an e-copy of A Million Wishes! The contest ends March 9th.



A Million Wishes Trailer


http://youtu.be/LTUeT4iWt_A



8 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for having me on your blog today Savannah. I appreciate you so very much!

    Great big hugs <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I have my e-book copy...Now I want my print book..LOL

    Love it, DeAnna...Thank you so much for sharing!!!

    Big Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks darlin! I want it in print too!!! I need a fairy godmother LOL!

      Big hugs <3

      Delete
    2. I'm about half way through mine and LOVING it!!! I'll be curling up with it tonight and a nice glass of wine!

      Delete
    3. Aww thanks Savannah!!! I've read both of yours now and loved them! I'm starting Bloodbreeders today, going to work my way through Robin's books now. :D

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Angie! I'm pretty excited about it and already working on the second book in the series. :)

      Delete