Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Coffee with Savannah

 
 
 
So here we are again all nice and comfy. Did you grab some coffee? Well you know I did! A nice big mug of my favorite hot beverage ; )
 

So today I thought we should talk about Valentine’s Day! Ahh yes, the designated day each year for showing our significant-other just how much we love them! I know we come to expect a box of chocolates, some flowers, maybe dinner. But really, what about the other 364 days a year?

Why is it that the majority of couples only give a token of their affection on February 14th? I mean really, I know Hallmark makes nice romantic cards the entire year. I know floral shops are open year round too. And chocolate, well duh, that’s a given!

Wouldn’t it be nice if you bought a card and slipped it into their lunch box or purse or mailed it to them on, say, March 5th or August 13th? I’m being serious here so stop laughing! Don’t have time to get a card, well even a little note that says, “Have a great day” or “I’m so lucky to wake up to you each morning” can mean more than any Hallmark card.

It’s really those little unexpected things that will mean more to most women. And ladies, I know men like knowing that they’re appreciated too. I feel that when you love someone you should show them throughout the entire year. By doing those little extras it keeps the sparks ignited and the excitement in the relationship. So often we grow comfortable with our love life we start to take it for granted. Oh I’m sure some of you are sitting there saying “I do not” and if you don’t then I applaud you! But for most between work, kids, and household chores we’re tired and so we tend to put romance on the back burner. Notice I said “romance” not sex. Two entirely different things, lol.

Love and romance needs to be tended to and nurtured. So while you’re picking up that special Valentine’s Day gift, maybe pick up an extra card or two to mail later—just because. Mark a day on your calendar for a “date night” even if you’ve been together for 10 years. Maybe plan for breakfast in bed and then stay there until noon talking and laughing. Give her/him flowers for no other reason than you want to!

Remember why you fell in love with your special someone and show them that, not just on February 14th they mean the world to you, but every single day of your life…

Happy Valentine’s Day

 

 






2 comments:

  1. Great blog Savannah. Every day should be sacred when it involves showing the ones you love, just how much you love them. <3
    Hugs!
    Lyn Croft

    ReplyDelete